Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Chronicles of CHN-BLR

It's nearing two months into my new job and well I thought about writing a bit about it.

Mid-May, I landed up at Bangalore (a city I do love, inspite of its heavy traffic) with my friend S (popularly know by his acute resemblance to a certain Mr.Reddy). Two days of fun n frolic with old friends from engineering days and then we went to the company guest house. I was sharing my room with S1(whom we also know as the Salim of Anarkali fame). He lived upto his prankster image by getting into one as soon as we entered the room. Called up S3 (A certain Mr.Nandlal) and started telling him all cock & Bull stories abt the joining date being postponed and that he has to vacate the room. One shud have seen S3's reaction when he was told abt this being a prank. Neway, the next day the joining formalities began after a wonderful poolside breakfast. First week went by too fast. Before we knew, it was time to say goodbye to the wonderful facilities at the corporate guest house.

May-last week. Reported at my office. No work for the first 3 weeks. Of course something to notice was that I bought my Bike. A 125CC mean machine(if I can say so...nuhin remotely mean abt it though ;) )

And then I get the mail...the big mail...it read simply, "Plan for travel to Chennai tonight. You are required there for 4-8 weeks." Imagine that. So sudden. I was initially in a state of shock. Of all places in the world, why Chennai. The heat, the humidity, the autowallas and above all NO HINDI. Managed to buy myself some time. Booked my tickets for the next day.

Chennai, Mid-June: Well, chennai turned out to be pretty much what I expected. The client office was worse...a typical Sarkari office. The relieving factor was that the guest house is really good and office is just 10mins by auto.

More to Come...

Sunday July 9, 2006 - 02:58pm (IST)

No comments: