Thursday, March 08, 2007

There's Something About the Nawabs Place!

No trip to Hyderabad can be uneventful. This is a fact and everytime I have visited the place something unexpected has happened. If it was the bus during the last visit, there were a whole lot of happenings this time around.
On the Holi weekend, a couple of us planned a visit to the city of Nawabs to celebrate with the whole gang out thr. Left office early on Friday and surprisingly the auto we took reached the bus-stand well ahead of time. After we got down from the auto, the fun began. As we reached the bus, I suddenly realized that I had left my travel bag in the auto! The worst part was that apart from the usual stuff that ravel bags are supposed to carry, it had my digicam and cellphone as well. A frantic attempt to look for the auto was futile. We tried to lodge a complaint at the nearest Police Station but it was of no use. Apparently the place where we lost my stuff was not under their jurisdiction and we were directed to another Police Station (and one thought these things happened only in the movies!). We obviously couldn’t get there as we had a bus to catch.
Got on the bus and had an uneventful journey from Blr to Hyd. Reached on time and then we decided to go for breakfast. As we stepped on the road, we witnessed an accident (my first live one!). A bike hitting a car that was making a turn coming out of a petrol pump. And then my friend remarked that the driver of the bike (who was somewhat injured) had traveled with us on the same bus from Bangalore! Coincidence?
Well I did my shopping for clothes in the afternoon. Had a gr8 lunch and met up with friends.
Next day Holi was a short affair. Played for just about 30 mins but the colors were terrific. Couldn’t get them off for 2 days :-) .
Of course, whatever happens is due to a reason. We just need to think beyond and realize that. Isn’t this what makes the small moments of life worthwhile. I lost some prized possessions but the amazing experience during the entire trip more than made up for that I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

working for which company ??
asking jst like that :D

Bivas said...

@Shweta: That isn't so important...is it? :-)